The Environment & General Purposes Committee consists of eight members of the Council.
Committee Membership: Chair: Cllr Nick Chapman, Deputy Chair: Cllr Alison Rees, Cllr Leila Wilson, Cllr Anne-Marie Cooke, Cllr Duncan Pascoe, Cllr Stephanie Inglesfield, Cllr Deanna Nicholson, Cllr Sandy Ellis.
The Committee meets six times a year and considers items including the following:
- Western Road Cemetery
- Muster Green
- To provide, maintain, replace flowerbeds, barrier troughs and hanging baskets
- Footpath lighting under the Council's ownership
- Street Furniture such as litter bins, public seats, bus shelters, notice boards and salt bins
- Town Council events such as Spring Festival, South & South East In Bloom and Town Day
- To promote nature conservation
- To promote community development
- To promote economic development
- To maintain, promote, sponsorship of roundabout under licenses from West Sussex County Council