Concessionary Travel Schemes


West Sussex County Council provides a free older person’s bus pass Residents wishing to download an application form can do this through West Sussex County Council or by downloading this copy of the application form.

Once forms are completed, residents will need to submit their form along with copies of the required documentary evidence and a recent passport sized photo to PO Box 212, Waterlooville, PO7 6ZN (this address will be printed on all forms). A dedicated phone line for bus pass/free railcards queries is also available: 0845 0751018.

Disabled Railcard System

The disabled railcard system provides a discount of one third off the cost of a railcard. Applications are made directly through West Sussex County Council. Please click here to access the relevant section and application available through West Sussex County Council. A unique promotion code can be obtained from the Town Council office with proof of age and address. 



Bus Pass

West Sussex County Council provides a five-year Bus Pass offering free off-peak (weekdays 9.30am to 11.00pm and all day at weekends and on bank holidays) bus travel in England for those who are eligible.


  • Bus passes for older people, providing free bus travel for West Sussex residents of State Pension age
  • Your pass is valid for up to 5 years. The expiry date is printed on the front of your pass. Expired passes are replaced free of charge and will be issued automatically.
  • West Sussex County Council does not charge for a stolen pass, if you provide a crime reference number.
  • This replacement cost for lost, damaged passes or those without a crime reference number is £10.00


Contact the West Sussex Bus Pass Information Line on 0845 075 1018.

What you need to provide when you apply
  • Carefully read the guidance notes and complete the application form.
  • This should be posted with your photocopied validation documents to: West Sussex Bus Pass, PO Box 212, Waterlooville, PO7 6ZN.
Your application MUST include:
  • the completed application form
  • one photocopy of a proof of age document
  • one photocopy of a proof of address document
  • one passport style/sized colour photograph of your head and shoulders with your name printed on the reverse
Please DO NOT send original documents. 



Disabled Persons Bus Pass

West Sussex provides a bus pass offering free bus travel to people who are disabled, incapacitated or medically unfit to drive. To access this information and apply, please see the West Sussex County Council website.

The form to apply for either a disabled person’s bus pass or railcard can be obtained from the West Sussex County Council website or can be collected from the Town Council Office in Boltro Road.