Freedom of Information Section
Members Declaration of Interests - For Town Council Member's Declaration of Interest please see the 'Who is my Councillor' page.
Freedom of Information Requests - For matters relating to the Freedom of Information Act 2008 and to view the Council Publication Scheme Document - please click here.
Local Government Transparency Code 2014
This Code only applies to local authorities in relation to descriptions of information or data where that type of local authority undertakes the particular function to which the information or data relates. Click here for a full copy of the - Local Government Transparency Code 2014
In this Code: “local authority” means:
- a county council in England
- a district council
- a parish council which has gross annual income or expenditure (whichever is the higher) exceeding £200,000
- a London borough council
Part 2 of the Code is the information which must be published.
There are seven classes of information which must be made available to the public.
Class 1 - Who makes up the council and their roles:
- Names of councillors, roles e.g. Chairman of the council, Chairmen of committees of the Council
- Council Structure i.e. confirming existence and purpose of committees and sub-committees of the Council
- Locations and accessibility details
- Staff contact details
Class 2- What the council spends and how it spends it
- Annual Statutory report by Auditor
- Precept Request
- Councillors’ allowances and/or expenses
- Loans sanctioned – Not applicable
- Financial Standing Orders and Regulations
- Expenditure transactions over £500 - please Policy and Finance Agenda's.
- The council’s priorities and its progress
- Annual Report to parish or community meeting
Class 4 - How the council makes decisions
- Timetable of meetings
- Responses to panning applications – see individual Planning & Highways Committee meeting minutes via our Calendar
- Procedural Standing Orders
- Councillors’ Register of Interests
- Minutes of council and council sub-committee meetings
- The council’s policies and procedures
Class 6 - Lists and Registers
- Any publicly available register or list
- List of Assets – Fixed Asset Register as at 31 March 2015
Class 7 - The Council’s services Information about the services concerning, for example: Please the Council's Annual Report
The seven classes of information above, do not include:
- information that the council is prevented from disclosing by law
- information exempt under the Freedom of Information Act 2000
- Information in draft form
If a council does not hold the type of information in one of the classess, it will not be in breach of any statutory obligations under the 2000 Act.
Ensuring that the public can access the information via the council’s Publication Scheme is vital. A council’s publication shcme (see top of page) must confirm how much the information in the seven classess can be accessed and if there is a charge.
Part 2 of the Code is recommended practice for parish councils whose gross annual income or expenditure (whichever is the higher) does not exceed £6.5 million.
- Information to be published quarterly:
- Government Procurement Card transactions – Not applicable
- Procurement Information – invitation to tender for contracts to provide goods and/or services with a value that exceeds £5,000 – Not applicable
Information to be published Annually:
- Local Authority Land Register 2013-2014
- Grants to voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations
- Organisational Structure as at 31 March 2014
- Trade Union facility time – Not applicable
- Parking Revenues – Not applicable
- Controlled Parking spaces – Not applicable
- Senior Salaries – Number of employees whose remuneration in that year was at least £50,000 – Not applicable
- Pay multiple