How has Haywards Heath’s Neighbourhood Plan been progressed?
Haywards Heath Town Council is in the final stages of drafting a Neighbourhood Plan for the town using a strong evidence based approach.
Following consideration of comments made by the community and having regard to the Town Council’s Forward Plan 2011-14 (adopted January 2011), the Town Council has produced the following draft vision:
“A healthy, family focused and safe town, with a strong community spirit embracing both young and older people, supporting a vibrant economy, having excellent public services and high quality public spaces with the countryside on its doorstep.”
Arising from the vision, the Town Council has established a number of draft aims for the Plan as follows:
- That the Plan should set out long term planning policies for the town
- That the policies should maintain the rural setting of the town
- That the Leisure and Community Facilities should be retained/improved
- That the Plan should support a vibrant economy
- That the Plan should improve infrastructure in the town